I am a huge fan of modern technology, I use my smart phone daily, my digital cameras regularly and the internet is my life line. But I had a huge wake up call recently when my internet went awry thanks to a dodgy modem. I am sadly posting this with my antiquated D-link modem, that constantly needs resetting, until I can organise a replacement modem.
You see we have 5 computers, 4 smart phones, a PS3 and an Xbox 360 that all connect to the internet. We use it for study, entertainment, bill paying, research and reading to name a few and to be without it is horrible.
So this is why I have been MIA for the last couple of months, internet that drops out after 30 seconds and pages that wont refresh. But there were some good things to come from this time away from the world wide web.
- I was able to break my facebook habit. I still check in every couple of days but I no longer feel the need to keep up with what’s going on.
- I got some serious decluttering done. I dropped off 14 garbage bags of unwanted clothes to the local op shop this morning, along with a box of books.
- I finally had the chance to think about what I wanted to study and where I wanted to go career wise and enrolled in a double Diploma in Events and Management.
- I also decided to look for a job. I haven’t had any luck yet but I have my fingers crossed and will keep applying until something comes up.
- And thanks to the last 2 things I had to get organised. So I have redone our Household Planner, done up our menu plans, reallocated the kids chores and set up a few other tasks to make life run a little smoother around here while I study (and possibly work).
- I managed to get through 12 books in my reading challenge, which puts me well over the 13 in 13.
- and I’ve been keeping up with my exercise and am finally starting to see some results.
So as much as I love the internet and all that it has to offer, I’ve learned not to rely on it or take it for granted.
I’ll be back later in the week to share my Household Planner update and next month I’ll be starting back with my Premmie Proud and Remembering Angels series. Until then, thanks for sticking around.